More about Tyneside Group Team- Meet Victoria Kalbraier
1. So Victoria, tell us about your role at Tyneside Group...
I’m the Lettings Director, so I look after the day-to-day operations for Tyneside Lettings Company. I am also the Company Secretary for the Group, keeping all the company’s statutory registers.
2. What's your favourite thing about your job?
The team of people I work with are the best thing about my job. Our staff are all experienced and professional and everyone plays to their strengths. We all support each other and have a laugh at the same time.
3. What attracted you initially to a career in property?
It wasn’t the industry that attracted me, it was the company. It’s a family business (the MD Robbie is my brother) so being part of building it up is something that was really important to me.
4. What achievements are you particularly proud of?
I’m proud of how far the company has come in the last 10 years and I’m proud that, during that time, our core values haven’t changed.
5. How do you think your colleagues would describe you?
I’m a bit of a nerd when it comes to industry legislation, so I’m usually the one everyone turns to for answers. It’s a busy office and we’re all professional but I think it’s important to still have fun at work and I like to think I have the right attitude to lift the office mood when things become hectic.
6. How do you spend your lockdown when you’re not working?
One of my main hobbies is baking, however unfortunately I wasn’t able to get hold of any flour for most of lockdown, so I didn’t get the chance to make much!
7. When the pandemic is over, where’s the first place you want to travel to?
Working in student lettings doesn’t usually allow for a summer holiday, as this is one of our busiest times, so I didn’t have any holidays booked anyway. My partner’s parents live in Northamptonshire and it was his dad’s 70th birthday during lockdown, so visiting them is probably first on the list when we can.
8. What five words come to mind when you think about Tyneside Group?
Cooperation, Professionalism, Experience, Ambition and Fun
9. What have you learned during the lockdown?
That our house really needs decorated! It’s been a bit of a work in progress since we bought it but staring at the walls for weeks has given me the urge to get more things done.